- 350g pasta
- 500g hokkaido pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
- 100g cashews, presoaked in water for 3–4h
- 1 glass/can sweet corn
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 100ml water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil salt and pepper to season
- optional : cashew parmesan
- parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F
- Add the peeled, cut pumpkin to a bowl and mix together with olive oil.
- Add pumpkin to parchment paper lines baking tray and roast until soft (20-25min).
- Meanwhile cook pasta to al dente (rinse a little with cold water so they dont become too sticky)
- Rinse and drain cashews and add them together with 100ml water, the pumpkin chunks, nutritional yeast and spices to a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Put pasta back into the pot, pour sauce in, add corn and cook on simmer while stiring through occasionally.
- Season some more with paprika, salt, pepper and top off with parsley and cashew parmesan if desired.