These vegan cosmic brownies are nostalgic, chocolaty, and irresistibly good (not to mention gluten-free)! Step up your dessert game with these indulgent fudgy brownies topped with rich, decadent ganache and colorful sprinkles.
- 2 flax “eggs” (2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp warm water)
- ¾ cup (185g) runny nut/seed butter
- ¼ cup (50g) coconut oil
- ½ cup (75g) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (70g) cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup (160g) chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- Colorful vegan sprinkles for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C
- Whisk together the nut/seed butter, coconut sugar, prepared flax eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir in the cacao powder, baking soda, and salt to form a thick batter. If batter seems too dry add ¼ cup coconut oil or nondairy milk.
- Spread into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350ºF.
- Cool completely (or chill to speed it up) before frosting
- For the ganache, melt the chocolate chips with the coconut milk. Stir until smooth pour/spread on top of cooled brownies.
- Top with sprinkles. Chill until the ganache is set.
- Slice and enjoy!!
We wouldn’t be surprised if these vegan cosmic brownies piqued your interest in gluten-free baking. We have a comprehensive guide to this intricate art right here.