Salted peanuts, dates, coconut & banana – these vegan dark chocolate Elvis bites have it all! Topped with peanut butter chocolate ganache, these make a simple recipe for a delicious everyday snack.
- 1 ½ cup dried banana chips
- ½ cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup finely shredded coconut flakes
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates (10-12)
Pb Chocolate Ganache
- 1 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup full-fat coconut milk (top solidified part only)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (+extra for swirling on top)
- Make your base: in a food processor, blend together banana chips, peanuts, and ½ cup shredded coconut flakes until fine. Remove from food processor and set aside.
- To the food processor, add your pitted dates and blend for 30 seconds-1 minute, or until dates have formed into a ball.
- Next, add your base back in along with another ½ cup of coconut flakes – this ensures you get some chewy toast coconut flakes in every bite! Pulse until fully combined and mixture sticks together (Add a few tsp of water if having difficulty)
- Line a 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper. Press date mixture into the bottom of a pan and flatten with a spatula so you have an even layer.
- Make your peanut butter ganache: melt your chocolate chips and coconut cream in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 seconds increments until melted. Stir in your peanut butter.
- Pour the pb ganache in the loaf pan and spread in a single even layer. Optional: add swirls of peanut butter to make it extra pretty.
- Move pan to the freezer and let set for 1-2 hours.
Find more of Casey’s recipes at The Mindful Hapa.