- 240g good quality vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- 349g firm silken tofu, drained (do not sub other types of tofu, silken only)
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plant-based cream or full-fat coconut cream
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- vegan whipped cream and chocolate shavings to serve (optional)
- Melt the chocolate in a double-boiler, or in medium sized bowl in the microwave. If microwaving, do so in 30-second bursts, stirring each time. Chocolate burns easily. Set aside.
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, combine the silken tofu, sugar, coconut cream, instant espresso powder and vanilla extract. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and process until completely smooth and no white flecks remain.
- Pour into 6 small serving dishes.
- Top with vegan whipped cream and chocolate shavings, and serve immediately.
*If preparing ahead of time, pour into serving dishes, cover each and refrigerate. Take out of the fridge about 20 minutes before serving to soften.
Find more of Bronwyn’s recipes on Crumbs & Caramel.