- 1/2 cup Vegan Butter
- 1 cup Coconut Sugar or Brown Sugar
- 1 cup (Gluten-free) All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup Orgain Peppermint Hot Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 Tbsp Cashew milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 3-4 oz dairy-free dark chocolate, cut into chunks (approximately the size of chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Cream the vegan butter and sugar using an electric mixer and set aside.
- Sift the all-purpose flour and protein powder into a bowl, then mix in the baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
- Using your hands, mix the dry and wet ingredients until you get a crumbly dough before adding the cashew milk. Mix again.
- Optional step: melt about 1/5 of the chocolate and knead it into the cookie dough, then mix in the rest of the chocolate chunks.
- Form small dough balls (about 1/2 to 1 inch in parameter, depending on how big you want your cookies to be) and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Make sure you leave enough space between the cookies as they’ll spread while baking. The dough will feel very crumbly, that’s normal, if you press the crumbles together, they’ll stick though!
- Bake for 10 minutes (if you made bigger cookies or if you’re using a glass or other thicker tray, you may need to increase the baking time by 1-2 minutes, but be sure to still check at the 10-minute mark).
- Let the cookies cool for at least a few minutes and enjoy them with with a glass of cold non-dairy milk or a cup of peppermint hot chocolate.