For the French Toast:
- 8 slices vegan white bread, left out on the counter for about an hour to get a little stale
- 1 ½ cups vegan egg replacer (like just egg, follow your heart vegan egg or tofu)
- 1 tbs oat milk
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 tbs vegan butter
- Vegan Egg substitute of your choice
- Vegan Breakfast sausage, vegan bacon or vegan deli ham slices
- 4 slices vegan cheddar or other vegan cheese of your choice
- More vegan butter, oil, or spray to cook the vegan eggs with
- Extra maple syrup for serving
- Whisk together vegan egg, oat milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, & salt in a shallow flat container or pie dish.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat, I had mine at a 6 on my electric stove. Add 1 tbs vegan butter.
- Dunk 2 pieces of bread into the egg mixture, making sure to evenly coat both sides, then add to the pan once butter is melted and hot.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side, set aside on a plate. Repeat until all bread is used. While the French toast is cooking, heat another large pan and cook up your vegan egg or tofu according to package or recipe. If you’re using sausage, cook according to package instructions.
- Now assemble your sandwiches by loading them up equally with vegan egg, sausage, and cheese! Serve with warm maple syrup if desired.