- 1 ¼ cup canned lite coconut milk (270ml)
- ¼ cup non-dairy yogurt (60ml)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (15ml)
- 2 ¼ cup super fine almond flour (252g)
- ½ + 2.5 tbsp potato starch (127g)
- ¼ cup rice flour (38g)
- ¾ cup cane sugar (150g)
- 2 tsp baking powder (10g)
- ¾ tsp baking soda (4g)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 batch of cashew buttercream frosting, chocolate frosting, coconut cream yogurt frosting or coconut whip cream frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line a muffin tray with 12 parchment liners.
- Add coconut milk, coconut yogurt and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add in the almond flour, potato starch, rice flour, cane sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk until well incorporated. The batter should be pourable but not too thin or liquidy.
- Divide batter evenly between the cupcake liners (about ¾ of the way full). Bake for 30-35 minutes and until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. To double check, press the tops of one of the cupcakes– they should bounce back up and feel springy.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack and allow them to cool completely before frosting.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting, coconut whip cream or coconut yogurt frosting.
Find more of Lisa’s recipes on @okonomikitchen.