- ¼ cup turmeric powder
- 1 Tbsp dried ginger
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tsp golden paste
- 1½ cup almond milk or another plant milk
- ½ tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- a pinch of vanilla powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- Start by making the paste by boiling the water and all the paste ingredients and then let it simmer on low heat for 6-8 minutes, stirring until it becomes a paste. Then let it cool. The paste can be stored in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Remember to use organic, high quality, turmeric.
- Warm the milk gently and whisk in all ingredients.
- I tend to use homemade almond milk or cashew milk for a creamier texture.
- I let it boil gently for a few minutes so it thickens, that makes it extra creamy and delicious.
- If you make a larger batch, it can be stored in the refrigerator and warmed up later.