- Pumpkin pizza crust
- 1/2 Cup polenta
- 1/2 Cup coconut flour
- 1 Cup oats (ground into a flour) OR any other gf flour such as almond meal
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 500g pumpkin
- 2 flax “eggs” .
- Avocado yoghurt;
- 3 medium sized ripe avocadoes
- 3 tablespoons coconut yoghurt
- Salt, black pepper .
- Preheat your oven at 200 degrees. Celsius.
- – Roughly chop up your pumpkins and skin them. In a pot, add 2 cups of hot water and your roughly chopped pumpkins and boil until soft.
- – In a large mixing bowl add in all your dry ingredients
- – For your flax eggs, in a bowl add two tablespoons of ground flaxseeds and half a cup of water and mix with your spoon. You will notice after about 5 minutes the mixture will thicken and become an egg like consistency. This is a vegan egg replacer for those who are new to this concept.
- – Using a food processor blitz through your pumpkins until a purée is formed, then add it into the bowl with all your dry ingredients. Add in your flax eggs and mix well, your dough should come together and you should be able to knead it.
- – line a baking tray with some non stick baking paper and with your hands (you may either use a rolling pin- I didn’t though) shape your pizza base bake for 10-15 minutes.
- – You may use any sauce/topping you choose, I made some creamy avocado dip, where I simple added all the ingredients (listed) into a food processor and blitzed it until a creamy consistency was formed. Add this onto your pizza base alongside the toppings of your choice and enjoy this guilt free meal!