- 2 blocks of medium firm tofu with the water pressed out as much as possible.
*Tip: To achieve a stringy tofu texture, press out water out then freeze and defrost, freeze again & defrost.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened plant milk (I used pea milk)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 flax egg (mix 1 Tbsp flax meal + 2 Tbsp water)
- 1/2 seasoning salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp seasoning salt
- 3 Tbsp of dairy-free butter
- 3 Tbsp of agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp of lemon zest
- Rip your tofu blocks into 2 pieces so you can have a total of 4 strips.
- Dip your tofu pieces into the wet mix, then the dry mix, then wet mix again, and back into the dry mix.
- Deep fry your pieces in medium hot oil until they crisp, then remove them and set aside for 5 minutes. Then fry them again until desired golden crust.
For Hot “Honey”:
- Melt dairy-free butter in a pot with agave nectar and lemon zest.