Make this easy vegan Japanese coffee jelly dessert at home with just 6 simple ingredients! It’s definitely an insta-worthy way to upgrade your regular coffee drink.Print
- 2 cups water (500ml)
- 1 tbsp high-quality instant coffee granules
- 2 tsp Japanese agar OR Kanten powder (8g)
- 3 tsp sugar (15g)
- ½ cup coconut evaporated milk (125g)
- 3 tbsp coconut condensed milk (45g)
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small pot. Turn down the heat to a simmer and add in the agar, coffee granules, and sugar. Use a whisk to stir every few seconds, for around 2-3 minutes or until the coffee and sugar dissolves completely.
- Remove from the heat and transfer into a shallow dish. Allow it to cool for 5-8 minutes or until room temperature. You can speed the process by placing the shallow dish over ice packs. Place into the fridge and allow to chill until firm.
- Make the sweet milk by combining the evaporated coconut milk with the condensed milk with a whisk and place in the fridge to chill.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the coffee jelly into cubes inside the dish. Scoop coffee cubes into cups and pour over the sweet milk. Optional: for the gradient effect of the coffee color on top, slowly add in 1 shot of chilled espresso. Enjoy!
Find more of Lisa’s recipes on @okonomikitchen.
For more recipes that feature vegan jelly, click here.