- Coconut Crust
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons cold coconut oil
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar .
For the filling:
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tsp agar-agar
- Preheat over to 350F.
- Grease a 9-inch tart tin with a removable bottom.
- In a food processor, mix coconut, flour, coconut oil, powdered sugar and salt until dough just becomes to form a ball.
- Firmly press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the tart tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, combine the lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Cook on a medium-high heat, with constant stirring, until thickened.
- Add agar-agar and mix until completely dissolved.
- Pour lemon mixture to a cooled tart shell and place in the fridge at least 4 hrs to set.