- 3 cups rigatoni
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Cook the rigatoni according to packaging instructions. When it is ready, drain it and retain ¼ cup of the cooking water.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and cook the garlic for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant. Now, add the carrot and bell pepper, cooking for 3-4 minutes more, until they start to soften.
- Next, add the coconut milk, nutritional yeast, and salt. Stir for a minute, then add the cooked pasta, pasta water, lemon juice, dry basil, and cornstarch. Stir for 2 minutes more, until the sauce thickens.
Find more of Maria’s recipes on @earthofmariaa.