- 3.5 cup OR 3 medium red skinned potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 2 medium orange carrots (peeled)
- 1 small sweet onion (peeled and quartered)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soak and rinse if you don’t have a high speed blender)
- 4–5 cloves of garlic (peeled & smashed then sautéed in a pan w/ coconut oil till lightly browned)
- 3.5 tbl nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1.5–2 tbl apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tsp chickpea miso (or regular miso paste)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder(optional for extra orange color)
- Steam all veggies (except garlic) until fork tender. Strain and set aside to cool.
- Place the steamed potatoes in high speed blender and blend till completely puréed and gummy.
- Add in the remainder ingredients and blend till creamy perfection.
- Add more salt if needed or any other flavorings you enjoy in your mac cheese like smoked paprika, jalapeño, black pepper etc.
- Mix it with your favorite pasta (shells all the way!) and throw in some fresh baby spinach for some greens.
- Top it with Vegan Parmesan and try not to eat it all! *sauce stores in the fridge and freezer well!
- Just warm it up and give it a nice whisk.