For the cake:
- 1 ¾ cups / 200 g all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup / 110 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup / 120 ml oil
- 1 ¼ cups / 310 ml plant-based milk (I used oat milk)
- ¼ cup / 20 g dark baking cocoa powder
- 20 blackberries
For the glaze:
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons / 150 g icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon blueberry powder (for color, optional)
- 1–2 teaspoons water, as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 °F / 180 °C.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, oil and plant-based milk. Mix with a high-speed mixer until smooth. Pour half of the batter into another bowl and add cocoa powder. Mix again until smooth.
- Pour light batter into a cake pan (I used a 6 inch / 15 cm tube cake pan). Put 10 of the blackberries on top, then add dark batter and the other 10 blackberries on top. Bake for about 1 hour.
- Allow to cool before removing from the pan. Decorate with icing sugar, blackberries and wild raspberries, if desired. Slice and ENJOY!
Find more of Daria’s recipes on @daria_cooks_vegan.
If vegan marble cakes are your thing, you might want to check out this Chocolate Marble Cake recipe.