- 2 cups of wholemeal flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp of soy or nut milk
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup of apple sauce or extra soy/nut milk to make them oil-free
- 2 ½ tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup of maple syrup or date syrup
- ½ cup of cacao
- 1 extra banana to top
- Preheat your oven to 180C/360F.
- Line muffin moulds with muffin cases.
- In a blender mash the bananas (or use a fork).
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together then add the bananas mashed and the wet ingredients apart from the cacao.
- Put half of the batter on the side then add the cacao in the remaining batter.
- Spoon a layer of the banana layer then a layer of chocolate until you use them both.
- Top with a sliced banana.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
These vegan marbled banana muffins are the best of both worlds, combining banana bread and muffins, the classic baked breakfast treats. Click here for more inspiring vegan breakfast recipes!