This vegan mashed cauliflower makes an incredibly creamy, yet healthy side dish that will go great with almost anything! Made with only 5 ingredients in 5 simple steps, this recipe is definitely worth trying.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 8 cloves garlic
- ¼–½ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Remove stems. Transfer to a large steamer, and steam for 15-20 minutes (or until for tender).
- Meanwhile, put whole garlic cloves (skin included) into a cast iron pan, cover with a lid, and cook in low heat for 10 minutes.
- Once the garlic cloves are done, they should be nice and soft. Peel garlic cloves, and cut the ends.
- Transfer steamed cauliflower, garlic, sesame oil, and almond milk (starting with ¼ cup) to food processor. Blend until you get a smooth velvety texture. Add more almond milk if needed, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, and sprinkle some fresh chopped parsley.
Find more of Irene’s recipes at @irenelimanto.
Looking for more side dish ideas? We’ve got you covered: click here to see our selection!