- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 2 cans cooked kidney beans (about 500g, 15 oz in total)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp neutral oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tsp salt
- 2 Tsp paprika
- 1 Tsp curry powder
- 1/2 Tsp freshly ground pepper
- Grind/blend the sunflower seeds and rolled oats to meal.
- Combine with the kidney beans, red onion, garlic clove, oil, lemon juice, salt, paprika, curry powder and freshly ground pepper.
- Pulse until well combined, but not smooth – you want to retain a bit of texture.
- On a flour-dusted surface, roll about 8-10 golf ball-sized balls.
- Either bake at 180°C/350°F for 20-25 minutes (or until crispy on the outside) or fry with some neutral oil in a frying pan over medium heat for about 10 minutes (or until golden and cooked through), turn occasionally.