- 155g of coconut flour
- 150g of coconut oil (Solid)
- 4 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 145g of coconut sugar
- 50g of coconut butter
- 1 can of coconut milk (cream only)
- Dairy-free chocolate
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
To make the base:
- Pre-heat your oven to 178 degrees c/350F and line a square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt. Mix and bring together with your hands until a dough forms.
- Press the dough into the lined tin and pop into the oven to bake for 10 minutes, until golden in colour.
- Allow to cool fully before topping.
To make the caramel:
- Place the coconut sugar, coconut butter, and coconut milk into a small saucepan and heat on low.
- Bring to a slow boil, stirring occasionally. Boil on low for around 20 minutes until thickened.
- Carefully pour the caramel over the base and level with a spoon. Pop into the fridge to set.
To make the chocolate:
- Fill a small saucepan with hot water and place a heat-proof bowl on top.
- Add in the chocolate and coconut oil and melt until smooth.
- Smooth the chocolate over the caramel layer, even out with a spatula or spoon and pop back into the fridge until the chocolate sets.This will take around 30 minutes.
- Once solid, heat a knife and cut into squares.
- Serve cold, as they will soften if left at room temperature for too long. Store in a sealed container in the fridge, best eaten within a few days.
Find more of Holly’s recipes on The Little Blog of Vegan.