- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 cup all purpose flour or spelt flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Melted vegan white chocolate
- Melted dark chocolate (more than 75% cocoa)
- 2 teaspoon Matcha powder mixed with 1/2 cup melted vegan white chocolate and 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F
- Put the almond milk in a small bowl, then add the apple cider vinegar.
- Stir until well combined, and set the mixture aside for 10 minutes to rest. This is to make vegan “buttermilk.”
- Use stand mixer to mix the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined.
- Add vanilla extract, flaxseed and water mixture, and melt coconut oil to the vegan “buttermilk” (almond milk and apple cider vinegar mixture). Stir once or twice before pouring it into the dry ingredients. Switch on the stand mixer again to mix for another 3 mins until a soft batter is formed.
- Spoon the batter into the molds in the pan.
- Bake the donuts for 12 minutes (longer for full-sized treats) or until they are dry and cooked through but not browned.
- Pop the donuts out of the pan, and let them cool on a rack for at least 30 minutes before decorating.
- Once the donuts are cooled, dip them into each type of glazing. Let the glazing cool slightly before starting the second round of decorating. Use your imagination, go wild and have fun!