Deeply flavorful, packed with veggies, served with crispy tofu – this vegan miso ramen has got it all!
- 6 cups filtered water
- 1 ½ tbsp vegan bouillon paste (I used vegetarian “Beef”)
- 3 green onions
- 3-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 can sliced bamboo shoots (8-ounce can)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 ½ tbsp miso paste
- ½ cup spinach, roughly chopped
- Small bunch of cilantro, for garnish
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 ounces Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ramen noodle packets (each 3.5 ounces… toss out the seasoning packets and only use noodles)
- ½ container firm tofu (7 ounces), cubed
- 1 ½ tbsp corn starch
- ½ tsp salt
- Avocado oil or coconut oil
- Bring water to a boil then add bouillon paste, garlic, ginger, sliced bamboo shoots, and green onions to a boil. Boil for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare toppings. In a large pan heat 1 tsp coconut oil or oil of choice. Add frozen corn, mushrooms, and spinach and sauté for 3 minutes or until all cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the Crispy tofu place tofu cubes on a large plate. Season tofu will salt then evenly dust the corn starch over to tofu. Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add 1 ½ tsp avocado oil or coconut oil. Add tofu and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side of the tofu cube. On the same pan make room for the avocado, slice avocado and cook on both sides for 1 minute! (I used a grill pan, so if you want the grill marks, go for it!)
- Add the miso paste to the broth and ensure it fully dissolves. Simmer for 2 additional minutes then place a strainer over a large bowl.
- Return the strained broth to a large pot, bring broth to a boil then add ramen noodles, cook for 3 minutes or until noodles are cooked (may vary depending on the brand of noodles and directions on the package.)
- Divide noodles between two bowls, add the spinach, avocado, corn, crispy tofu, mushrooms, chopped cilantro, and a slice of lime. Enjoy!
Find more of Alexa’s recipes at Fueled Naturally.
If you loved this vegan miso ramen, you might also like…