- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup spelt, white, or gf ap flour
- 1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup unrefined sugar
- 1/16 tsp uncut stevia, or 2 tbsp unrefined sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
- 1 3/4 cup vegan yogurt, such as coconutmilk yogurt
- 1/3 cup oil 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tsp oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line muffin tins with 14-16 liners. Combine the first 7 ingredients (and 1/2 cup chips, if desired) in a large bowl, and mix very well.
- In a separate bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except the 2 tsp oil and 1 cup chips.
- Pour wet into dry, stir until just evenly combined, and pour into the muffin tins. bake on the center rack 15-20 min or until cakes have risen and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- For the filling: very carefully melt the 1 cup chips, then stir in the 2 tsp oil for a thinner consistency.
- Use a spoon or knife to cut the center out of each lava cake, making sure to not go down too far. Set tops aside. Divide filling among cakes, then place tops back on.
- Top with vegan ice cream, coconut whipped cream, or frosting if desired to cover the seams.