This vegan no-chicken noodle soup will satisfy your comfort food cravings. For many, chicken noodle soup is the definition of comfort food. Make it vegan, and you’ve got yourself a healthy, cruelty-free meal! Get your hug in a bowl today, try this recipe below.
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups vegan protein (textured vegetable protein, chicken style, but vegan), diced
- 1 teaspoon vegan poultry seasoning spice blend
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cups spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Heat a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add butter, onion, and garlic. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add carrot, celery, chicken, poultry seasoning, sea salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Cook 3 to 4 additional minutes.
- Add broth, water, and spaghetti pieces, cover pan with a lid, and bring soup to a simmer. Cook 16 to 18 minutes, or until noodles are cooked through. Discard bay leaf.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice and brown rice syrup. Add more sea salt and pepper, if desired.
- Top with parsley (if using) and serve warm.
- Tip: For a gluten-free version that even Grandma would love, use rice noodles and gluten-free vegan “Chick’n”.
Find more of Jenny and Heather’s recipes on their website, Spork Foods.
Curious to see which other dishes can easily be turned vegan without sacrificing any texture of flavor? Check out these 15 Vegan Recipes to Win Over Even The Biggest Skeptics!