- Base Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 3 1/2 cups wholemeal spelt flour (or flour of choice)
- 1 packet instant yeast (7g)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your water, sugar and yeast. Ensure the water isn’t too warm as the yeast will die. Let sit for 10 minutes, or until frothy.
- Add in 1 cup of flour, and stir until combined. Continue to add in flour 1/2 a cup at a time, until a dough consistency is reached.
- Use your hands to roll the dough into a ball and place in a new, floured bowl. Cover with cling wrap and leave to rise for 1-2 hours.
- Once risen, preheat your oven to 240 degrees Celsius.
- Divide the dough into two balls. Transfer to two well floured pieces of baking paper. Using your hands and fingertips, gently spread the dough to the size you want. Place the crust on a baking tray. Top with desired toppings/sauce, then bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown!