- Mini bagels
- beetroot hummus (recipe below)
- a carrot-miso spread
- heirloom tomatoes
- seasonal fruits and veggies.
- For the beetroot Hummus:
- 2 medium red beets
- 2 15-ounce cans cooked chickpeas (reserve 1/2 cup aquafaba, or the liquid in the can of chickpeas)
- 2 small lemons, juiced and zested
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- To roast the beets, preheat your oven to 400° F or 200° C.
- Scrub and wash your beets and drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil and tightly wrap each beet in aluminum foil.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until the beets are easily pierced with a fork.
- Once the beets are cool, peel them. Once the beets are cooled, slice them into quarters and add it to your food processor.
- Add the chickpeas, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, tahini, salt, pepper, and cumin. Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in the olive oil as the hummus is being mixed. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.