Who doesn’t love a recipe that’s done in 5 easy steps? We sure do! There’s a good chance these vegan peanut butter banana brownies will become your weekend staple – they’re so easy to make, pantry-friendly, and can even be made gluten-free! Top them with your favorite dairy-free ice cream and enjoy 🙂
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup (80g) peanut butter
- ⅓ cup (100g) maple syrup
- ⅓ cup (80g) applesauce
- ¾ cup (90g) all-purpose flour, or use GF
- ¼ cup (20g) cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a baking tray (mine was 18x18cm).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the banana, peanut butter, applesauce, and maple syrup.
- Add in the dry ingredients + optional chocolate chips, then mix until combined.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the center is cooked through.
- Let cool before slicing and enjoy with some vegan ice cream!
Find more of Lenny’s recipes on Vegamelon.