Feast your eyes (and tastebuds!) on this beautiful vegan peppermint white chocolate tart. Not only does it have a perfect flavor combination of spices and chocolate, but it’s also refined sugar and gluten-free, so anyone can enjoy it!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1–2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp light molasses
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 200g dairy free white chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp agar agar powder
- pinch of matcha powder for the colour
- Preheat oven to 180C/360F. Grease a pan. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine crust ingredients and pulse to combine. You should get a moist mixture that can be easily moulded. Firmly press into bottom and up the sides of tart tin, crimp and shape the edges. Bake for 20-25 mins until crust is golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let it cool while you’re preparing the filling.
- Add melted white chocolate, milk, coconut cream into a saucepan and place on the stove on low heat.
- When the mixture becomes warm and chocolate has melted, add the agar-agar, matcha powder peppermint and maple syrup. Stirring constantly, cook until agar completely dissolves, about 3-5 mins.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve. Pour into the cooled tart. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until solid.
Find more of Mei’s recipes on @nm_meiyee.
If you loved this vegan peppermint white chocolate tart…
Check out more beautiful vegan tarts by Mei Yee, such as: