- 2 cups of fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts
- 3 peeled cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3–4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Big pinch of sea salt (or more to taste)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 Tbsp water (or more as needed)
- Pasta of choice
- Cherry tomatoes (halved)
- Kalamata olives (halved)
- In your food processor add the basil, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt and oil. Blend/mix on high until a loose paste forms.
- Scrape down sides, then add water a little at a time while going back to properly mix/stir until the desired consistency. The more water the thinner the sauce.
- Serve with pasta and enjoy!
Find more of Peggy’s recipes on @VeggiePeggy.