This protein-packed vegan potato salad is made with beans and roasted potatoes that are golden and crispy on the outside and delectably soft on the inside. Served with Creamy Dijon Tahini dressing. For more information on how to build a balanced vegan salad, click here.
This protein-packed vegan salad is made with roasted potatoes that are golden and crispy on the outside and delectably soft on the inside. Served with Creamy Dijon Tahini dressing. (Oil-free option)
- 12 ounces baby yellow potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Salt to taste
- ½ medium red onion
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 15-ounce can beans, drained, and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups chopped cucumber (about ¾-inch pieces)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Line a medium baking sheet with a silicone mat or use a non-stick sheet.
- Prepare the potatoes: Toss the potatoes with olive oil, and rosemary until fully coated. Season with salt. Transfer to the baking sheet and place in a single layer so they are not touching. Roast for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Prepare the red onion: Meanwhile, slice the red onion into two and place in a small bowl with enough water to cover.
- Make the dressing: In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, Dijon, tahini, maple syrup, lemon juice, lemon zest, and dill. Set aside.
- Chop the onion: Once the potatoes are done roasting, remove the red onion from the water and finely chop.
- Mix the salad: Transfer the beans, cucumber, potatoes, onion, and dressing to a large bowl. Mix to combine until coated with the dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
For oil-free: substitute the olive oil for balsamic vinegar.
This salad can be refrigerated and enjoyed cold.
Find more of Nisha’s recipes on her website, Cooking for Peanuts.
PIN/SAVE/SHARE THIS RECIPE