These tender, fluffy pancakes are perfect for crisp winter mornings. With the comforting scent of pumpkin spice as they cook, they are filled with the goodness of pumpkin and natural sweetness from maple syrup.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice blend
- 1 2/3 cups plant-based milk of choice
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/3 cup dark maple syrup
- 3 tbsp neutral oil (e.g. avocado, canola etc)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine and stir the plant-based milk, pumpkin purée, maple syrup, oil and vanilla. In a large bowl, sift in the flour, baking powder, pumpkin spice and salt. Pour the liquid ingredients in, stirring just until almost combined, taking care not to over stir. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat a lightly greased non-stick pan over medium heat, or an electric griddle set to 380°F. Add the batter by 1/4-1/3 cupfuls, gently pushing the batter out for circular cakes as the batter is thick.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until bubbles break the surface; flip the pancakes and cook another 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush the pan or griddle with a light amount of oil between each batch.
- Serve with whipped coconut cream and maple syrup, or as desired.