- 25 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (14 ounce) package of firm tofu
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 1 (9 ounce) jar store bought marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, drain and set aside.
- Mean while bring a small pot of water to a boil. Place your raw almonds into the boiling water. Let boil for 2 minutes.
- Drain the almonds immediately in a colander or strainer and rinse them with cold water to cool them. Blot the almonds dry with a paper towel.
- Use your fingers to gently squeeze the almonds and loosen the skin from them. Set skinless almonds in a bowl and set aside.
- Remove tofu from package and wrap in a clean kitchen towel or paper towel and squeeze for 20 seconds to allow for excess water to strain.
- In a food processor or high speed blender combine tofu, blanched almonds, nutritional yeast, unsweetened almond milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper. Blend for 1-2 minutes or until there is no chunks. Mixture will look lumpy and that is okay! Add more almond milk if needed.
- In a small pan cook chopped spinach with 1 tbsp on water for 1 minute or until spinach is wilted down.
- Once ricotta mixture is made and spinach is ready, combine the two in a medium size bowl and mix well. Taste mixture and add any extra salt or seasonings if needed.
- Grab baking dish and pour 2 cups of marinara sauce on the bottom, spreading sauce evenly.
- Grab a spoonful of ricotta spinach mixture and spoon it into the cooked pasta shells. Be generous with the filling and then place the stuffed shells in the baking dish.
- Once all shells are stuffed place into the oven & bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve shells right our of the oven an pour extra marinara sauce on top of each shell. Finish off with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast, chili flakes and enjoy!