- For the broth
- 8–10 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp goji berries (rinse and soak for 10 minutes, then drained)
- 1 2-inch piece of ginger, sliced
- 4 spring onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 corn, chop into 4 pieces
- 1/2 cup Chinese red jujube ( rinse and soak for 10 mins, then drained)
- Place all the ingridents in the pot over medium heat on the stove, bring it to boil. And then cover and let it simmer for about 30 mins.
- Then place it on the portable stove before start.
- Vegetables Freen leafy ones like spinach, baby bok choy, gai-lan(Chinese broccoli), chai sim (choy sum/yu chai/oilseed rape), Napa cabbage and tang ho (garland chrysanthemum) to name a few. Shown here are baby bok choy, spinach, and napa cabbage. Root vegetables, such as sliced sweet potatoes, potatoes and lotus roots are fantastic, too. Mushroom of any kind is great for hot pot. Herb, such as cilantros
- Tofu and Noodles It is always good to have some tofu in a hot pot to soak up the delicious flavor. I prefer deep fried tofu or firm white tofu which will not break up too easily in the broth.
- When it comes to noodles, the possibilities are endless. You can use fresh, dried, wheat, rice, egg, udon or glass noodles. For this hot pot, I used freshly made spinach noodles.
- Sesame Dipping Sauce
- tablespoons roasted sesame paste
- tablespoons warm water
- /2 teaspoon salt
- /4 cup soy sauce
- tablespoons sherry
- tablespoons rice vinegar
- tablespoon sugar
- tsp sesame seeds Make Sesame
- Dipping Sauce by blending the sesame paste with the water in a medium bowl;
- add the rest of the ingredients.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of sauce into each of 4 small serving bowls.