- 200 gr spaghetti
- 1 cup cashews soaked overnight
- 2 shallots diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 150 ml water of more if desired
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter or olive oil
- 250 gr oyster mushrooms, stems removed, diced like bacon bits
- 3–4 drops liquid smoke
- Salt + pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, blanched
- 2–3 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Boil water and cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Sauté the mushrooms in a bit of olive oil until crispy then add the liquid smoke.
- Take out of the pan and set aside. In the same pan sauté shallots and garlic in vegan butter until translucent. Set aside. Then add the soaked cashews, lemon, shallot + garlic mixture, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper and water to a blender and blitz until smooth. If it’s too thick you might add a bit more water but you will be adding pasta water later anyway.
- Drain pasta, keeping some pasta water, add some sauce to the pan, add pasta, the peas, half of the mushrooms, a few Tbsp pasta water, toss until pasta is coated and garnish with parsley, rest of the mushrooms and more salt and pepper. Serve immediately!