- 12 ounces/320 grams/0.7 pounds of Spaghetti. We’ve used a whole wheat (spaghetti alla chitarra, which is SQUARED!)
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup capers (double if you love them)
- Bunch of fresh basil
- 1/2 a red onion
- Cook your pasta ‘al dente’, which means till it’s almost done, but not quite. It shall become perfectly cooked before serving.
- Chop 2 cups of cherry tomatoes.
- Slice your onion fairly thin and put those in a pan with a dash of olive oil.
- Once the onions, start to change color, add your chopped tomatoes, capers, part of your basil and let it all cook together for about 4-5 minutes.
- In the meantime, give your drained pasta a little lift with the fork, just to make sure it’s not sticking together
- Place your uncut tomatoes into the pan, stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add your pasta and give everything a good stir, so that your pasta is covered with the tomato juices.
- You’re now ready to serve, just add a little fresh basil as decoration.