- 200g spelt flour
- 30g potato starch
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 50g light brown sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 200ml almond milk (or any other dairy free milk)
- 4 tsp vinegar
- 100ml water
- 50g pure maple syrup
- 20g coconut oil or dairy-free butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Fresh berries to top
- Prepare the vegan buttermilk: combine almond milk with vinegar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder and mix well.
- Add maple syrup, vanilla, and melted coconut oil/butter to the milk and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients and stir till mostly incorporated. Add the water. Set the batter aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat a small non-stick pan over low-medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of batter into the pan and cook until golden brown or until the top surface forms bubbles (about 3 minutes).
- Flip and repeat on the other side.
Find more of Yukiko’s recipes on @foodie.yuki.