- 3 cups mushrooms ( use baby portobellos, cremini or button)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (separated)
- 1/2 cup small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, soaked, rinsed and diced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped (you can use 2 Tbsp. dried if you wish)
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Brush mushrooms with 1 Tbsp. oil and place on baking sheet. Bake for10 minutes.
- In a medium pan over medium-high heat, add 1 Tbsp. oil. Saute the onions, garlic, peppers, and tomatoes for about 2 minutes until tender. Add parsley and walnuts and cook another 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven and soak up any liquid from the mushrooms. Spoon the filling into the mushrooms and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
- Makes 4- 6 servings, depending on size of mushrooms