Who says you need to travel to Japan to taste great ramen? With this easy vegan tantanmen recipe you can indulge yourself in the comforting noodle soup dish from the comfort of your own home!
- 1 ½ tbsp sesame paste (tahini)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- ½–1 tbsp chili oil (adjust to taste)
- 150ml vegetable stock or vegan “chicken” stock
- 100ml soy milk
- 100g vegan mince or TVP (textured vegetable protein) or you can use mushrooms or tofu
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- Sesame oil to cook
- 1 packet ramen noodles
- Pak Choy, steamed or grilled
- Sesame seeds
- Spring onions
- In a frying pan add the sesame oil and cook the mince or other alternatives, then season with soy sauce, ginger and garlic and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Cook the ramen noodles according to the packet. In a bowl combine the sesame paste, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and chili oil and set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the stock and milk over low heat until hot. Pour into the bowl with the mixed broth ingredients and gently combine. Add in the noodles and top with mince, pak choy, sesame seeds, and spring onions.
Find more of Tess’s recipes on her Youtube channel.
For more delicious vegan ramen recipes, click here.