- Whole grain buns with Chipotle Vegan Mayo, sliced red onion, fresh pineapple slices, greens, and baked sweet potato fries .
- Teriyaki Vegan Steak Burgers .
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 1 TBSP neutral tasting oil
- 2 TBSP rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 TBSP Sambal Oelek, optional
- 2 TBSP pineapple juice
- 1/4 tsp minced ginger
- large portobello mushrooms .
- Trim stems up to the caps; set aside. Combine everything, except the mushrooms, in a glass dish large enough to hold the mushrooms. Add the portobellos and turn to coat. Preheat the grill or oven broiler. Grill steaks about 10-12 minutes flipping every 3-5 minutes until tender. Pour on more sauce each time you flip them .
- Note: these taste even better if you have time to marinate the mushrooms at least 30 minutes. If you’re adding the sambal oelek though, you may want to mix it into the marinade after you put the mushrooms on the grill. Otherwise you could end up with pretty spicy burgers