- 1 block firm tofu, pressed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder and onion powder
- ¼ paprika
- dash of pepper
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, GF if desired!
- Press your tofu to remove as much water as possible. You can do this by wrapping your tofu in a clean cloth and adding something heavy on top to press out excess water.
- In a bowl, combine the almond milk, almond flour, and spices. Mix well to form a nice thick batter!
- In another bowl add the breadcrumbs.
- Cut your tofu into bite-sized pieces. Dip each piece of tofu into the wet batter and then into the breadcrumbs, being sure to fully coat the tofu in the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat that with all of your tofu pieces.
- For EXTRA crunchy nuggs, lightly spray with some oil on the top (after breading) for that extra crispy deliciousness!
- If you’re using an oven, bake tofu nuggs at 375F for 35-40 minutes, flipping them over after the first 20 minutes.
- If you’re using an air fryer, bake nuggets at 375F for 25 minutes, shaking them halfway through.
- Serve with your fav dipping sauce + enjoy! I liked mine with some vegan ranch and ketchup.
Find more of Shanice’s recipes on @thecarbetarian.
Did you notice that these vegan tofu nuggs can be made gluten-free? If you’re looking to explore your savory GF options, check out these recipes: