- 3/4 cup (130g) raw macadamia nuts
- 2/3 cup (50g) shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup (110g) raw cashews
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Caramel filling:
- 1 3/4 cup Medjool/soft dates, pitted (approx 20)
- 1/2 cup unhulled tahini
- 1/2 cup coconut caramel sauce (or substitute for 1/4 cup extra dates + 1/4 cup coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup natural, smooth peanut butter
- 4 heaped tsp maca root powder
- 100g vegan chocolate
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk
- Grind nuts into a flour (in a high-speed blender), then add to a mixing bowl with remaining ingredients. Mix until well combined (ir should stick together well- add more coco oil if it doesn’t). Press into desired tin (I used 15cm square) and set aside.
- Add all filling ingredients to a high-speed blender and blitz until uniform. You’ll need to use your tamper to get everything going. Pour onto macadamia base, use a hot/wet spoon to smooth the top, and set aside.
- For the toppings, melt chocolate and coconut milk in a heatproof bowl over simmering water. Once melted, mix until uniform. Pour onto caramel layer and set in the freezer for at,east 4 hours. To serve, remove slice from tin.
- Allow to defrost for 10 plus mins, then use a very hot and sharp knife to slice up. Store in an airtight container for 1 week I the fridge, or 1 month in the freezer.