Gluten-free base, gooey almond caramel, rich chocolate glaze – these vegan Twix bars have it all. And they’re made with only 10 ingredients! A culinary miracle if there ever was one.
Ingredients for the base
- 150g of coconut flour
- 140g of coconut oil (Solid)
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
Ingredients for the caramel
- 120g of almond butter
- 70g of coconut oil (Melted)
- 85g of maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract/flavouring
Ingredients for the chocolate
- 150g of dairy-free dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
To make the base
- Pre-heat your oven to 178°C/350°F and line a square baking tin with grease proof paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt.
- Mix and bring together with your hands until a dough forms.
- Press the dough into the lined tin and pop into the oven to bake for 10 min, until golden in colour.
- Allow to cool fully before topping.
To make the caramel
- In a mixing bowl, add in the almond butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour over the base and pop into the fridge for an hour to set.
To make the chocolate
- Fill a small saucepan with hot water and place a heat-proof bowl on top.
- Add in the chocolate and coconut and melt until smooth.
- Smooth the chocolate over the caramel layer, even out with a spatula or spoon and pop back into the fridge until the chocolate sets.
- This will take around 30 min.
- Once solid, heat a knife and cut into ‘Twix’ bars.
- Serve cold, as they will soften if left at room temperature for too long.
Store in a sealed container in the fridge, best eaten within a few days.
Find more of Holly’s recipes on @TheLittleBlogofVegan.