- 7 oz (200 g) white spelt flour
- 3.5oz (100 g) ground almonds
- 2 tsp baking powder, heaped
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (120 g) coconut sugar [or less – if you don’t like it so sweet]
- 1 package vanilla sugar (optional)
- ⅓ cup (40 g) cocoa
- 10 oz (300 ml) oat milk
- ¼ cup (60 ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup dairy free butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tbsp oat milk
- vanilla extract [optional]
- natural vegan food coloring [I used pink, purple, green and yellow]
- To make the cupcakes, mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the liquids and gently fold together.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F /180 C and line your muffin tray with 12 cupcake liners.
- Fill in the batter evenly and bake the cupcakes for 16 – 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let them cool down.
- For the frosting beat the vegan butter with a hand mixer until fluffy [2-3 min]. Then slowly add the powdered sugar [carefully by spoonfuls]. Add vanilla extract [optional] and whip together until light and fluffy.
- Divide the frosting into 4 little bowls and add your favorite colors.
- Fill each of them on a side of your piping bag. This is the most difficult step.
- Decorate every cupcake with a frosting swirl.
Find more of Denise’s recipes on @therainboweatery.