- 1/4 cup vegan milk of choice
- 1 1/2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave
- 3 1/2 tbsp oil – If you don’t mind fat-free texture, you can use applesauce
- 1 cup white, spelt, or gf flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- optional pinch cardamom or cinnamon
- Whisk first five ingredients. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a cupcake tin.
- Stir all dry ingredients to the wet just until evenly mixed. Portion into the liners, about 2/3 up because they will rise.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until risen and a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.