This vegan wagon wheel slice recipe proves that anything can be veganized! There is no need to wait for plant-based versions of your favorite treat to appear on the supermarket shelf if you can easily make it from scratch. Additionally, this recipe is gluten-free and way less intimidating than may seem at first!
- 1 cup activated almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- Pinch salt
- 2 ½ Tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup coconut butter (softened*)
- ⅓ cup coconut yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Splash water
- 150 grams dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Add the first 3 ingredients in the biscuit layer to a food processor, and pulse to form a flour. Add remaining ingredients and set aside.
- Add the jam ingredients to a heavy-based saucepan. Cook over low-medium heat for around 10 mins, or until jammy and thickened. Turn off heat and allow to cool for 5 mins.
- Add all marshmallow ingredients to a blender, and blend until very smooth. Set aside.
- Add a layer of the biscuit mix to the bottom of 6 x silicone bar moulds. Add a layer of jam, then transfer to the freezer to firm up for 20 mins.
- Add a marshmallow layer to each bar, and again set in the freezer for 20 mins.
- Add a second layer of jam, followed by a final layer of biscuit (the bars should now be flush with the top of the mould). Transfer to the freezer and freeze completely, at least 2 hours.
- After this time, melt the chocolate and coconut in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water. Turn off heat. Remove bars from the freezer and moulds, and line a small baking tray with baking paper. Dip each bar into the chocolate, and place on lined tray. Set in fridge, and allow to defrost for 3+ hours. Store in an airtight container, and enjoy!
*to soften coconut butter, sit the jar in a pot of hot water until it becomes liquid.
Find more of Jade’s recipes on @panaceas_pantry.