- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- dash of salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Water (~2 tbsp)
- Sundried tomatoes
- Toasted pine nuts
- A drizzle of olive oil
- To prepare the pizza dough, combine the water (should be lukewarm) with the yeast and let it rest for 5 minutos.
- Meanwhile, on a large bowl combine both flours and salt. Then add the water and yeast to the flours as well as the olive oil.
- Combine the ingredients and transfer the dough to a clean surface with some extra flour. Knead the dough for a few minutes then place it on a clean bowl with some olive oil on the bottom.
- Cover with a clean towel and let it rest for about 2 hours on a warm place.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/360F. Combine the beans (cooked and drained) with lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper and blend those ingredients. If necessary, add some water gradually to make the sauce more thin. Taste and adjust the flavours if necessary.
- Once the dough is ready, transfer again to a clean surface with some flour. Strech the dough to get the pizza shape that you want.
- Spread your white sauce on top of the dough leaving a small edge around the sides. Add some slices of mushrooms and onion.
- Take your pizza to the oven for about 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Before serving, add the remaining toppings: arugula, capers, sundried tomatoes, toasted pine nuts and finish you pizza with a light drizzle of olive oil!