• Olive oil
• 1 medium red onion, small dice
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 (20 ounce) can jackfruit in brine, drained + rinsed
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• Juice of 2 limes
• Juice of 1 orange
• 1 cup shredded carrots
• 2 cups baby spinach, loosely packed
• Salt to taste (about 1 teaspoon) • corn tortillas • Refined coconut oil or avocado oil, for frying taquitos
- Heat a large non-stick sauté pan over medium low heat. Once hot cover the bottom of the pan with oil. Once oil is hot add onion and garlic. Sauté until translucent and starting to caramelize – about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile pulse jackfruit in food processor until crumbly or loosely chop.
- Add jackfruit to onion mixture, then add chili powder, lime juice, orange juice, and shredded carrots. Sauté for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and juices are absorbed. Add spinach, sauté until wilted, 1-2 minutes. Salt to taste.
- Gently warm tortillas until soft and bendable. Fill with about 2 tablespoons of mixture into tortilla, roll up tightly, repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Heat a large non-stick sauté pan over medium high heat. Cover the bottom of the pan with oil, once oil is hot, add taquitos (in 2 batches) seam side down, fry for 2-3 minutes on each side. Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
Find more of Katie’s recipes on @katieshealingkitchen.