- 8 oz cooked macaroni (or your favorite small pasta shape)
For the Cashew Cream:
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1/4 cup jarred red peppers chopped
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
For The Soup:
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled & finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup non dairy milk (I used soy)
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- salt/pepper to taste
- In a high speed blender, combine cashew cream ingredients & mix on high till smooth. Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter on med heat, add onions and sauté till translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add mustard, mix, then slowly whisk in flour, over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add broth & veggies, bring to a boil, then simmer 20-25 min till veggies are tender.
- Add non-dairy milk, cashew cream, & vinegar. Adjust seasonings.
- Fill bowl with desired amount of macaroni & add chowder. Enjoy!