Dumpling wrapper ingredients (highly suggest weighing it):
- 240g [~2cups] all-purpose flour
- 125ml [~1/2cup] hot water
- 16oz firm tofu, pressed
- 4 cups [125g] fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup [75g] cabbage, shredded
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- a handful of chopped scallions
- seasoning – 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, 1 teaspoon salt & a few shakes of white pepper
- Place flour in a bowl, make a well in the middle & slowly pour in the hot water. Using a pair of chopsticks/spatula, stir to mix the flour until well combined.
- Transfer flour onto a cleaned surface & knead into a rough dough. Cover with a damp towel & rest for 5 mins.
- Then, knead the dough until a smooth top forms about 10-12mins. Leave the dough to rest for 20mins, covered.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, season with 1/2 tsp salt & a drizzle of oil.
- Blanch veggies for 45secs & rinse with cold water. Squeeze out all the liquid & give it a rough chop.
- Place tofu in a cheesecloth bag, wring out all the liquid & add them to the bowl along with the rest of filling ingredients. Mix well & season with more salt, if needed.
- Divide mixture into 20-24 balls.
- When the dough is ready, roll it into a log on a floured surface & cut into 20-24 rounds.
- Flatten the ball with your palm & using a roller, roll it into a disk-like thin wrapper.
- Place filling in the middle & pleat to seal.
- To make the potsticker, add 3 teaspoons oil (adjust accordingly) in a heated non-stick pan, place the dumplings in, slightly apart. Cook over medium heat until the bottom turns golden brown. Add 1 cup of hot water & cover with a lid (preferably glass lid). Turn heat to low-med & cook dumplings until all water has been absorbed about 8-10 mins.
- Serve immediately with chili sauce for a delicious meal!
Find more of WoonHeng’s recipes on @woon.heng.