- Serves 4
- One 16 oz tofu block.
- Tofu was diced into 1 inch cubes and seasoned with 1/2 tsp each onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, spice mix, salt and 1 Tbsp olive oil. This was then baked at 425F for 20 minutes until brown and crispy.
- •1 cup roasted peanuts
- •2 Roma Tomatoes diced ( About a cup and a half)
- •1/2 medium onion, 1/2 sliced (1/2 to be blended)
- •1/2 inch cube ginger
- •3 cloves garlic
- •1 medium harbanero
- •1 sprig Parsley
- •3 basil leaves
- •2 cups water
- •2 Tbsp oil
- •salt/ pepper to taste
- )Heat oil in a medium sauce pan. Sauté sliced onions for about 2 minutes. Add in tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes
- )Blend peanuts into a smooth paste. Add 1/2 cup of water, mix well until creamy. Add into pan, with 2 additional cups of water.
- )Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for about 20 minutes until foam clears from the surface, stir occasionally.
- )Blend basil , parsley, ginger, garlic , onions and harbanero. Add into skillet and continue to cook for about 5 to 7 more minutes. (You can add tofu now, or serve it over sauce)
- )Season to taste and serve over rice.