- 2 cans chickpeas (15oz each), rinsed, drained, and pat dry (I like to refrigerate the chickpeas the night before so that the salad is cold when I eat it, but it’s not necessary!)
- ¼ cup sliced celery
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 tbsp raisins
- ¼ cup roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 3 tsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbs vegan mayo of your choice
- 1 ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp dried ground ginger
- ½ tsp agave
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 8 Romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 slices bread of your choice (if you’re using bread that isn’t crusty I would recommend lightly toasting it, I like a crustier bread with this)
- In a medium bowl combine lime juice, mayo, curry powder, ginger, agave, and salt, stirring really well.
- Toss in the chickpeas, celery, red onion, raisins, and cashews, stir gently until combined.
- Divide lettuce leaves evenly between 4 slices of bread and divide chickpea salad on top, enjoy!